Lord Honey, y'all are really gonna scream ice cream after you taste my yummy "Ice Cream Delight". I mean who don't love a treat that hits all the marks--sweet, salty, crunchy, chocolaty---all with the creamy refreshment of a nice cold ice cream.
Ice Cream Delight
Jason Smith, FNS
4-cups pretzels, crushed
1-stick butter, melted
1-large or 2- small boxes chocolate instant pudding
1 ½-cups half &half
½-gallon vanilla ice cream, softened but not melted
8 oz whipped topping, thawed
½-cup your favorite caramel sauce
· Mix the crushed pretzels and melted butter together, save 1 cup of the pretzel mixture for garnish, spread the remaining mixture in the bottom of a sprayed 9x13 casserole pan, and press down.
· In a small bowl whisk together the pudding, half & half and vanilla, then add the soft ice cream and stir just until combined.
· Spread over top of pretzel layer.
· Top with the whipped topping and smooth out.
· Garnish with the reserved pretzel mixture, drizzle with caramel sauce.
· Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Tip: You can use any flavor pudding you’d like.