Kale Yeah--It's on a Wonton!
Lord Honey, You won't believe how much flavor is packed on this one little wonton.
Y'all are really gettin' your moneys worth with my "Kale-Berry Wonton Bites" great taste and healthy ingredients.
Kale-Berry Wonton Bites
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
1-pack wonton wrappers
3-cups fresh kale, chopped
¾ -quart strawberries, sliced
1-cup blueberries, cut in half
1-pound bacon, diced and cooked crispy
½-cup slivered almonds
¼-cup roasted & salted sunflower seeds
1-cup goat cheese, crumbled
3-TBSP olive oil
2-TBSP lemon or orange juice
1-TBSP Dijon mustard
2-tsp bourbon (optional)
½-tsp onion powder
1-tsp crushed tarragon
Pinch red pepper flakes
Salt & Pepper to taste
· Preheat oven to 375, spray a 6 or 12 well muffin tin.
· Put a wonton wrapper in each cup, folding corners back on top of pan to make a cup.
· Bake for 8-10 mins or until brown and crispy.
· Remove and repeat until you have 24 wonton cups.
· In a mixing bowl place the kale, berries, bacon and nuts.
· In a jar with a lid or small bowl place the oil, juice, bourbon, mustard, honey and the spices, place lid on and shake until combined.
· Drizzle half the dressing over the kale mix and toss to cover, if need more dressing add and toss.
· Place the wonton cups on serving platter and divide the kale mix between them.
· Top each with goat cheese.
Tip: You can use any berries you wish, You can even add orange segments.