Lord Honey, whether y'all wanna share some lovin' from the oven with your sweetheart or just enjoy a li'l sweet with your family and friends, my "Kiss Cookies" gotcha covered.
Chef Jason Smith
Makes 48 cookies
1 box strawberry cake mix
½ cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp strawberry extract (optional)
4 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup white sugar
48 chocolate kisses
· Preheat oven to 350°, line a baking sheet with parchment.
· In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, egg, vanilla, and strawberry extract, mix until combined.
· Add the cream cheese and mix in completely.
· Place dough in freezer for 20-30 mins.
· While dough is in freezer, unwrap the kisses and place on a sheet tray and set in freezer.
· Remove dough from freezer and roll into 48 dough balls, about the size of a walnut, roll each ball in the white sugar and place 2 inches apart on lined baking sheet.
· Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, remove and let stand for 2 minutes, then place frozen kiss in the middle of each cookie and push down. Let cool completely before placing in an airtight container, repeat with baking until all cookies are baked.
Tip: You can make this with any type and flavor of cake mix.