Lord Honey, I know y'all think I'm crazy makin' a pie in a punch bowl--well let me explain. My "Lemon-Berry Punch-Bowl Pie" takes all the parts of a great pie--the crust and the fillin' and layers 'em in a beautiful and tasty dessert creation.
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
2-sheets pie dough
1-quart strawberries, hulled and sliced
1-box (3oz) strawberry gelatin
1-(8oz) packs cream cheese, room temp
1-jar (7.5oz) marshmallow cream
1-(3.5oz) instant lemon pudding
¾ -cup half & half or milk
Zest from 1 lemon
· Preheat oven to 350°, spray a baking sheet and lay the pie dough flat on pan; lightly brush with water and sprinkle with sugar; bake until golden brown, this will take about 15-20 mins.
· Place the strawberries, and gelatin in a bowl and stir to combine; set aside.
· In a medium mixing bowl, place the cream cheese and marshmallow cream; whip until fluffy.
· Add the pudding and half & half; whip until combined.
· Once pie dough is cooled, break it up into pieces.
· In the bottom of a medium-size punch bowl or serving bowl, place ¼ of the pie crust, add 1/3 of the lemon cream mix, smooth out; add 1/3 strawberries, and smooth out. --repeat the above process two more times, after you complete the three layers, you should have ¼ of the crust remaining--make a ring of crust around edge of the dessert.
· Sprinkle the lemon zest over the top.
· Cover and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Tip: This can be made with any type of berries.