Updated: Mar 28, 2019
There is nothing like a hot bowl of soup when the snow is pouring.
Y'all will love this Creamy Italian Chicken Soup, it will warm ya from your head to your toes. Soup always reminds me of my mom making us soup in the winter while we played out in the snow. Make some memories today over a bowl of hot soup or stew.
Creamy Italian Chicken Soup
4-Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
6-Clove garlic, chopped
2-tsp Onion Powder
3-TBSP Italian Seasoning
4-cups Chicken Broth
2-cups green beans, cooked
2-cups Broccoli Florets, fresh
½- cup sliced Fire Roasted Red Peppers
4-ounces Cream Cheese, Room Temp
1-cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
Salt and Pepper to taste
· In a large stock pot place the chicken breast, garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning and salt & pepper to taste.
· Cover with water, place lid on and cook on medium heat for 2 hours or until chicken is tender.
· When chicken is tender shred with a fork.
· Pour in the chicken broth, green beans, and broccoli, cook till broccoli is tender.
· Add the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, stir till cheese is melted.
· Stir in the roasted red peppers.
· Serve with Garlic bread, cooked rice or cooked pasta.