Love in a Jar???--Yes Sireee!!!
Updated: Mar 25, 2020
Lord Honey, y'all didn't know that love can come in a jar did ya. Well let me tell ya, your sweetie will surely love you for makin' 'em my "Chocolate Strawberry Love Jars." Make a special Valentine dessert--and keep the love goin' by usin' a variety of seasonal fruits and fixin's all through the year.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Love Jar
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
Makes 6 Jars
1-box brownie mix 9x13 size
2 Tbsp--bourbon (optional)
½-cup caramel ice cream topping
1-quart pack fresh strawberries, capped and quartered
1/2-cup powder sugar
2-cups chocolate syrup
1-can whipped cream
6--wide-mouth pint-size mason jars with lids
· Preheat oven to 350°, grease a 9x13 baking pan.
· Place the first 6 ingredients in mixing bowl and combine, making sure not to over mix.
· Pour half the batter in prepared pan.
· Drizzle the caramel sauce over brownies.
· Spread rest of batter over caramel.
· Bake for 21-23 mins.
· Remove and let cool.
· Place capped and quartered berries in a bowl add the powder sugar and toss.
· Use a round cookie cutter that’s just slightly smaller than the jar opening and cut 12 circles out of the brownie.
· To assemble place one brownie circle in the bottom of each jar, sprinkle a few strawberries over the brownie, then drizzle a tablespoon of chocolate syrup over strawberries, cover strawberry layer with whipped cream, then layer the second brownie circle on top of cream and continue with berries and chocolate and cream. Repeat till all jars are finished, place lids on the jars and let stand in fridge till ready to serve.
Tip: Don’t like strawberries, this can be done with and berry or cherries.