Make Plenty Please!!!!
Lord Honey, these are just like a certain tator chip--y'all can't just eat one of my savory "Sausage-Stuffed Mini Peppers" Be sure and make a heapin' bunch of these or you'll be as "unpopular as a skunk at a picnic."
Sausage-Stuffed Mini Peppers
Jason Smith, FNS
1-bag mini sweet peppers
1-pound breakfast sausage
1-package cream cheese, 8 ounces
1-cup diced fresh mushrooms
¼-cup onion, minced
1-tsp onion powder
½-tsp garlic powder
¼-tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2-cups shredded parmesan cheese
¼-cup parsley, minced
· Preheat oven to 350, line a baking sheet with foil.
· In a medium skillet place the sausage, onions and mushrooms, cook and scramble.
· When sausage mix is cooked take off heat and add the cream cheese, stir in.
· Sprinkle the seasonings in and stir to combine.
· Cut tops off peppers and cut length wise, they will look like little boats.
· Spoon sausage mixture into each pepper half.
· Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 mins.
· Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese on top of each, return to oven and bake until cheese is melted.
· Remove and place on serving platter, sprinkle with minced fresh parsley.
Tip: You can use hot banana peppers or jalapenos if you wish.