Lord Honey, y‘all know all about my love affair with bacon. So it’s no surprise that I’m gonna put a bite of this smoky, salty, pig perfection on just about ever’thang, even down to my sweet treats. My “Maple Bacon Goody Bars” are a perfect example of how bacon makes ever’thang better.
Maple Bacon Goodies
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
Makes 1 dozen
1-can creasent roll dough
8-strips bacon, cubed
¼-cup butter, melted
¼-cup maple sugar
¾-cup brown sugar
1/3-cup chopped pecans
· Preheat oven to 375°, spray or butter a sheet pan.
· Place the bacon in a skillet and cook until crispy, drain and reserve the drippins.
· Place the creasent roll dough on the prepared sheet pan, making sure it’s a flat sheet, prick with fork.
· Melt the butter and stir in the bacon drippins.
· Brush the maple syrup over dough.
· Sprinkle with brown sugar, then sprinkle with the pecans and cooked bacon.
· Drizzle the bacon grease and butter over tops.
· Place in oven and bake for 20-25 mins.
· Remove and place on a serving platter. Serve warm or room temp.