Lord Honey, I've got y'all a yummy cookie sammy that can be jazzed up for Halloween, by addin' your favorite spooky color to the fillin'. Children, y'all won't be able to make enough of these "Mom-ster Cookies" for the li'l goblins in your neighborhood.
Mom-ster Cookie Sandwiches
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
Makes 12 sandwiches
1-(15.25) box cake mix, any flavor
1/3-cup quick-cook oats
½-cup white chocolate chips
2-cups favorite vanilla frosting
6-7 drops green or orange food coloring
· Preheat oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment or silpat.
· In a mixing bowl, add the first 5 ingredients and mix until combined.
· Fold in the oats and white chocolate chips.
· Using a 2 ounce cookie scoop, place batter on prepared cookie sheet.
· Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 11-12 mins. They will be light brown around edges.
· Remove and let cool for 5 mins, then transfer onto a platter.
· Repeat with rest of batter.
· Meanwhile mix the frosting with the food color.
· Once cookies are cooled, spread the frosting on the bottom side of half of the cookies, and top with the remaining half of cookies--forming a cookie sandwich.
Tip: You can use any flavor cake mix and your favorite color of food coloring.