Lord Honey, Why use one kinda bean, when you can use five?? I don't just stop there--I kick it up even more, with flavorful ingredients--and a big ol' splash of bourbon. This recipe will make ya realize less isn't always more-----Who said that anyways?
5 Bean-Bourbon Bake
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
1-16oz can garbanzo beans
1-15.5oz can pinto beans
1-15.5oz can black beans
1-15.5oz can great northern beans
1-15.5oz can light red kidney beans
1-10oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 ½-tsp onion powder
½-tsp black pepper
½-tsp garlic powder
2-TBSP steak sauce, such as A-1
1-TBSP worcestershire sauce
1-pound bacon, diced
1-medium onion, diced
· Preheat oven to 350, spray a 9x13 baking dish
· Drain all the beans and place in a bowl.
· Mix in all the ingredients except the bacon and onions.
· Stir to combine and pour into prepared baking dish.
· Sprinkle the onions and bacon all over the top.
· Cover and bake for 45 mins.
· Uncover and bake for another 35 mins.
TIP: You have the option to leave the bourbon out if wish, or leave the bacon out of it if fixing for vegetarians. This can also be cooked on the grill in a large cast iron skillet.