National Peanut Butter Day
Updated: Mar 28, 2019
When National Peanut Butter Day rolls around you must make something to delight the taste buds. Bread pudding is great on its own, but Have Mercy up your game by making this "Peanut Butter Bread Pudding Bars". Sweet, sticky, crunchy, buttery, and chewy your taste buds will fly right out of your mouth. Oh and did I mention there's Bacon and Bourbon in it as well......Its so good it would make a goat pass out.
Peanut Butter Bread Pudding Bars
Jason Smith, FNS
4-cups Cubed Day Old French Bread
2-cups Cubed Day Old Brioche Bread
1-Sleeve Graham Crackers, rough crushed
1-cup Creamy Peanut Butter
½-cup Brown Sugar, packed
½-cup White Sugar
½-cup Butter, melted
2-TBSP Bacon Grease
2-cups Half & Half
2-TBSP Bourbon ( Optional )
1-cup Chocolate Chips or Chunks
Pinch of Salt
4-cups Powder Sugar
1-TBSP Bourbon or Water
1-TBSP Bacon Grease ( Optional )
2-TBSP Butter, Melted
1/3- cup Half & Half
· Preheat oven to 350, Spray a 9x13 baking pan
· Cook and crumble bacon, set aside, reserve the drippings.
· In a large bowl put eggs, vanilla, sugars, half&half, butter, peanut butter, bacon grease, bourbon and salt mix well till all is combined.
· Toss the cubed bread in and toss to coat.
· Mix in the graham crackers and chocolate chips.
· Pour into baking dish and spread out.
· Bake for 50-55 mins.
· Make the drizzle by placing all the ingredients in a bowl and whisking to bring together.
· Remove pudding bars from oven and let cool for 25-30 mins.
· Pour the drizzle over and sprinkle the bacon on top.
Tip: You can use any type bread you wish it will come out the same.