National Tator Tot Day!!!!
Updated: Mar 28, 2019
When life gives you tator tots you make "Can't Get Enough Tator Tot Bake."
What better way to celebrate National Tator Tot Day than with a one pan plan.
It's easy, tasty and quick. From 9-90 all will be pleased. They want be able to get enough. Most would think oh yeah lets fry tator tots cover in cheese and chili or just some ketchup, well I have taken the tator tot to the next level. Its really a blank canvas, you can do anything with them. So let your mind run wild with ideas, but make sure to start with my recipe and go from there. I can remember having tator tots at school as a child and couldn't wait, they was something we never had much and it was a special treat when we got them. That little crunchy, salty bits of heaven. It was like a extra gift from Santa every time. "You will lay your ears back and dive in."
Can’t Get Enough Tator Tot Bake
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
1-320z Pkg Frozen Tator Tots
1 Pound Breakfast Sausage
½-Red Onion, diced
½-Red Bell Pepper, diced
2-Clove Garlic, minced
2-Roma Tomatoes, diced
2-cups Mild or Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1-tsp Onion Powder
1-tsp Garlic Powder
1-TBSP Italian Seasoning
4-TBSP Butter, melted
Salt & Pepper to taste
· Preheat oven to 350, spray a 9x13 baking dish.
· Scramble and brown sausage.
· In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and Italian seasoning together.
· Stir in the cheese.
· Mix in the onions, peppers, garlic and tomatoes.
· Stir in the sausage.
· Pour into prepared baking dish.
· Top with tator tots in a single layer.
· Drizzle melted butter over top.
· Bake for 30-35 mins or until bubbly.
· Turn broiler to high and brown top.
Tip: This can be make with ground beef, ground turkey or or leave meat out for veggie alternative. Can also be made in a muffin tin for individual portions.