One Bite Fall Treats!!!!
Updated: Mar 28, 2019
Lord Honey!!!! When the leaves start turning and football season starts all I can think about is fall spices, apples, pumpkins and squashes. Fall is such a wonderful time of the year its the start of great holiday seasons. There are many emotions that come with fall, some people loves the cooler weather and some hate to see it come. I'm one of those people who love it and hate it all at one time. I love all the sweaters, sweat shirts and great foodie treats, but also hate to see summer go because I love warm weather. So i'm like a cow running through the pastures happy and then stop dead in my tracks the next second. But just like the roosters I'll just put on another pair of socks and move on!!!!
Well Have Mercy moving on, I wanted to bring you an easy quick treat to start the fall season off. I think you will really enjoy it. I give you 2 of my favs massed together with
" Pumpkin Apple Bites "
I really think you will like these, give them a-go today, they are perfect for watching football, tail gate parties or just watching the leaves fall while setting on the porch I the cool crisp air.
Pumpkin Apple Bites
Jason Smith, FNS
1 package wonton wrappers
3 medium apples, peeled, cored and diced small
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 ½-TBSP pumpkin pie spice
2 TBSP Butter
· Place apples, butter, sugar, molasses, and spice in medium sauce pot, cook for 10-15 min over medium heat, just until apples are starting to get tender.
· Stir in the salt, let cool.
· Place a small amount of water in a bowl, lay one wonton wrapper down.
· Place 1 tsp apples on middle of wrapper.
· With finger moisten around edges, fold over to make triangle, press seams together to seal.
· Keep making until all apples are gone.
· Place enough oil in skillet to fry and bring to 350.
· Lay 3-4 egg rolls in hot oil and cook 2 mins per side until golden brown.
· Remove and dust with powder sugar or drizzle with bourbon caramel sauce.