Lord Honey, y'all may think I've gone and lost my ever'lovin' mind--but y'all read it right--"PB&J Cobbler" and yes the PB&J is the iconic sandwich combination of peanut butter and jelly--or at least my version of it, baked into a sweet, golden brown cobbler. Y'all are gonna love this new take on a PB&J like a "squirrel loves nuts"
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
4-cups red or black grapes, cut in half
½-cup light brown sugar
¼-cup butter, melted
½-cup butter, melted
½-cup smooth peanut butter
1-(16.5oz) yellow or white cake mix
· Preheat oven to 350°, grease a 8x8 baking pan with butter.
· In a medium mixing bowl, place the grapes, brown sugar and vanilla; stir together until brown sugar is mostly dissolved, pour into prepared pan and spread out into an even layer.
· Drizzle the ¼-cup butter over grape mixture.
· In the same mixing bowl, place the ½-cup melted butter, peanut butter and vanilla; whisk together until smooth; add half the cake mix and stir until well combined; add the remaining cake mix and stir together, there will be some cake mix that will not mix completely into the batter, that’s perfectly fine.
· Dollop the batter over the grape layer and spread out, it will bake together.
· Place in oven and bake for 30-35 mins, or until brown and bubbly around edges.
· Serve with favorite vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
Tip: You can use any berry in place of the grapes.