Peachy Pecan French Toast
Lord Honey, y'all may never make normal French toast again, after you taste my "Peachy Pecan French Toast Bake" that I developed for a special demo with my great friend, Chef David Rose. David and I became friends when we were both contestants on Next Food Network Star, such good friends in fact that we like to refer to ourselves as "bald brothers"--seein' that we both seem to be challenged in the hair department.
Peachy Pecan French Toast Bake
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
6-slices white or wheat bread, cut into cubes
½-cup chopped pecans
½-cup half & half or whole milk
1-tsp ground cinnamon
½-cup peach preserves, warmed
Good pinch of salt
¼-cup butter, melted
· Preheat oven of 350°, grease with butter a 9 inch cast-iron skillet or 9x9 baking pan.
· Place the cubed bread into the prepared pan, and spread into a single layer; sprinkle the pecans over the bread.
· In a medium mixing bowl, place the eggs and whisk; add the half & half, cinnamon, and salt; whisk until combined, pour over bread, making sure to coat as much of the bread as possible.
· Drizzle butter over the bread mixture.
· Place in oven and bake for 25-30 mins, until golden brown.
· Remove and let cool a few minutes.
· Serve with favorite breakfast syrup
Tip: You can use any type bread you have on hand, and to get creative use a different type of preserves.