Updated: Jul 31, 2021
Lord Honey, My "Pineapple Coconut Icebox Treat" has all the refreshin' flavors of summertime in a chilled, creamy concoction with a sweet crunchy crust. It's the perfect bite to beat the summertime heat.
Pineapple Coconut Icebox Treat
Graham Cracker Coconut Crust:
2-cups graham cracker crumbs
8-TBSP butter, melted
2-TBSP brown sugar
3-TBSP cream of coconut
½-cup sweetened coconut flakes
8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
1-box instant vanilla pudding
1-can crushed pineapples, drained (reserve ¼-cup pineapple for top)
2-cups heavy whipping cream
½-cup powder sugar
½-jar maraschino cherries, drained
½-cup toasted coconut
• Preheat oven to 350°, grease a 9x13 baking pan.
• In a mixing bowl, place the graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and cream of coconut; mix together.
• Add coconut flakes and mix.
-- Place graham cracker mixture into the baking pan. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of pan and bake for 6-8 mins, remove and let cool completely.
• In a mixing bowl, place the room-temp cream cheese and vanilla pudding and whip until fluffy.
--Add the milk and pineapples and fold in.
--spread mixture evenly over crust layer.
• Place the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla into a clean bowl and whip until stiff peaks form; spread all but 1 cup on top of the pineapple layer. Place the 1 cup of whipped cream into a zip-top bag.
• Sprinkle the top with toasted coconut and the 1/4 cup of reserved pineapple.
--Cut corner off zip-top bag and pipe dollops onto top layer.
• Place a cherry on top of each dollop.
• Put in fridge overnight.
Tip: When whipping cream, make sure you don’t whip too long or you will have butter.