Punkin' Slice Bread
Lord Honey, I know y'all have heard of punkin' spice bread, well I've come up with somethin', as my Granny would say, that's better than sliced bread--that's right--my "Punkin' Slice Bread" All the warm wonderful flavors of a punkin' loaf bread without the need for a knife. Just grab a slice, give it a li'l pull and your ready for a mouthful of goodness.
Punkin Slice Bread
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
¾-cup brown sugar
2-tsp pumpkin pie spice
2-cups powdered sugar
½-cup chopped pecans
· Preheat oven to 350°, spray a large loaf pan.
· Melt butter in a shallow pan.
· In a mixing bowl place the brown sugar, spice and salt, mix together.
· Drip each side of bread in the butter and sprinkle with the brown sugar mix, place in prepared pan, standing them up to look like a loaf of bread.
· Once you have finished putting the bread in pan place in oven and bake for 25-30 mins.
· Make the glaze while bread is baking, by placing powdered sugar and milk in bowl, whisk together.
· Once bread is baked, remove and let stand for 5 mins, take out of pan and place on serving plater.
· Drizzle the glaze over, pulling the tops open to allow glaze to get between each piece.
· Sprinkle the pecans over the top.