Lord Honey, I've got a great Fall appetizer for y'all. My "Punkin' Twists" are the perfect li'l bit of punkin' and fall spices. They're great for ever'one to munch on while waitin' for the "big bird" to get ready or durin' your favorite football matchup.
Jason Smith, FNS
1-tube crescent roll dough
½-cup pumpkin puree
¼-cup brown sugar
2-tsp pumpkin pie spice
¼-tsp ground black pepper
2-TBSP white sugar
3-TBSP brown sugar
1-TBSP bourbon (optional)
4 oz whipped cream cheese, room temp
¼-cup heavy whipping cream
· Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
· In a small bowl, add the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin spice, black pepper; mix well.
· Unroll crescent dough onto a cutting board. Cut the dough in half so you have two identical rectangles and lay them beside each other.
· Evenly spread the pumpkin mixture over one of the rectangles of dough.
· Place the second rectangle of dough on top of the first rectangle of dough, like you are making a sandwich. Make sure you line up all the edges.
· Cut the rectangle of sandwiched dough in half.
· Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut the dough into individual strips, about 3/4" wide.
· Transfer the strips onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
· Twist each strip 3-4 times from end to end.
· Mix together the sugar and nutmeg then sprinkle evenly over each twist.
· Bake at 375° for 8-11 minutes until golden brown.
· Mix the dipping sauce by placing all in a bowl and whisk together.