Red Wine What?!
Oh Yeah, that's right--Blondies. Ain't I just full of surprises---and you will be too, when you make your sweetheart this unique treat.
Red Wine Blondies
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
½-cup butter, room temp
¾-cup brown sugar
¼-cup red wine
1-cup all-purpose flour
½-cup white chocolate chips
1-cup candied or maraschino cherries, diced
Red Wine Ganache:
½-cup heavy cream
½-cup red wine
¼-cup white sugar
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
· Make ganache first by placing the cream, wine, butter and sugar in a sauce pan and cook until butter is melted and cream mix is warm.
· Place the chocolate in a bowl and pour cream sauce over it, let stand for 5 mins, whisk to combine.
· Preheat oven to 350, spray and line with parchment paper a 8x8 pan.
· In a stand mixer place the butter and sugar cream to combine.
· Add the egg, vanilla and wine mix.
· Stir in the flour and salt.
· Fold in the white chocolate chips and cherries.
· Pour into pan and bake for 25-30 mins.
· Remove and let cool, If cutting shapes let cool completely.
· Drizzle with ganache.
Tip: You can add nuts to this if like. Make sure to not over bake as it will be dry.