Roasted Olives and Popcorn
Lord Honey, I can't wait for y'all to try this great li'l snack that I shared with Rachel Ray on her recent midnight snacks segment. I just know y'all are gonna love the salty and savory elements of this quick and easy anytime treat. I promise y'all won't be able to put it down.
Roasted Olives & Popcorn
Jason Smith, FNS
2-cups your favorite jarred olives, drained (this can be a mix of olives)
4-TBSP butter, melted
2-tsp Italian seasoning
¼-tsp crushed red pepper
1-bag microwave popcorn, popped according to directions
· Preheat oven to 400°, line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper
· Place the olives on prepared baking sheet
· In a small bowl mix the butter, lemon zest, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper
· Pour mixture over olives, place in oven for 10-15 mins.
· Pour the popcorn into a big bowl; when the olives are roasted remove from oven and pour over popcorn, toss to combine.