Lord Honey !!! Spring has sprung, So its time for some new recipes to put a Spring in your step. Easter dinner and new family get togethers will be happing soon. This recipe will be a great addition to your table no matter what occasion you are enjoying.
Spring Peas & Carrots
Jason Smith, FNS
16oz bag fresh sugar snap peas
1-can (14.5oz) sliced carrots, drained
Zest and juice form half an orange
1-tsp onion powder
1-tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1-cup chopped toasted pistachios
· Place a large skillet on medium heat, add butter and melt.
· Add the peas, and onions, sauté for 5 mins.
· Stir in the carrots, orange zest, juice, honey, onion and garlic powder, stir and cook for 6-8 mins.
· Salt and pepper to taste, stir in the bourbon and cook for 2 mins.
· Place on serving platter and garnish with pistachios.