Lord Honey, you can’t find a dish that says Southern Comfort like a big ol’ pot of Chick’n -n- Dumplins’—and I’ve made it easy for y’all to get the old fashioned taste in a lot less time with my ”Simple Southern Chick’n -n- Dumplins” recipe. Honey, y’all will think Granny’s been in the kitchen for hours whippin’ up this tasty pot o’ love.
Simple Southern Chick-N-Dumplin’s
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
32 ounce of chicken broth or stock
2-cans cream of chicken 10.5 ounce size
¾ -cup butter
1-tsp ground black pepper
2 ¼ -cup all-purpose flour
2-tsp baking powder
½-tsp ground black pepper
½-cup butter, room temp
· In a large stock pot add the broth ingredients, stir, bring to a rolling boil, then turn down heat until liquid is simmering.
· In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper, whisk together.
· Add the butter and cut in using a pastry cutter or a fork, until flour looks like coarse cornmeal.
· Make a well in the middle of flour mix, add the milk and half the water, stir together, adding water as you need, you want it to look like biscuit dough, make sure you use a light hand, DO NOT OVER MIX as your dough will be tough.
· Using a table spoon drop a spoonful of dough into simmering liquid until all dough is gone, MAKE SURE TO PUSH THE DUMPLINS DON’T STIR.
· Cover and let cook for 10-15 mins, remove lid and push dumplins around, let cook another 5 mins.
--Add shredded chicken to the pot of dumplin's.
TIP: Use a store-bought rotisserie chicken to make dinner prep a little easier.