Lord Honey, y'all won't be able to stop poppin' these li'l bites into your pie holes. I mean what's not to love about all the great tastes of an apple pie baked in one sweet bite.
Whether y'all are fixin' a tasty snack for the kids or a quick and easy dessert for dinner, my "Spiced Apple Pie Bites" are just the "bite" way to make ever'one happy.
Spiced Apple Pie Bites
Jason Smith, FNS
Makes 20 Bites
2-tubes canned biscuits (10 count)
2-fresh apples--any variety, peeled (slice into 20 wedges)
½-cup white sugar
¼-cup brown sugar
3-TBSP cold butter, cubed
2-cups powdered sugar
3-TBSP pumpkin pie spice liquid coffee creamer
· Preheat oven to 350°, butter or spray a 9x13 baking dish.
· Open the biscuits and separate them.
· Using your fingers, mash each biscuit out to a flatter, larger round shape.
· In a bowl, place the sugars and cinnamon, stir to combine.
· Add the apple slices to the sugar mix and toss to coat.
· Place a slice of apple on each biscuit round, place a cube of butter in middle and fold biscuit around apple into a crescent shape. Place into baking dish and repeat until all the biscuits and apples are gone.
· Place in oven and bake until golden brown, about 20-25 mins.
· Meanwhile, make the glaze by placing the powdered sugar into a jar with a lid, add the creamer and place the lid on the jar and shake vigorously. If you do not have a jar, you can use a bowl and whisk.
· When the bites are done remove from oven and let cool for 20 mins. After cooling, pour glaze over each bite.
Tip: You can use plain coffee creamer or milk in place of the pumpkin spice.