Stuff your chicken with Love--What???
Jason Smith, FNS
6-boneless skin on chicken breast
2-cups mushrooms, diced
1-red, orange or red bell peppers, diced
12-slices swiss or provolone cheese
1-recipe for country bling dust
· Preheat oven to 400.
· Mix the peppers and onions with ½-tsp CB dust.
· Butterfly each breast.
· Sprinkle the inside of chicken with CB dust.
· Lay one piece of cheese on each side of the chicken and then add 1-2 tablespoons of the mushroom pepper filling on one side.
· Fold to close.
· Use tooth picks to hold shut.
· Sprinkle the outside of the chicken with CB dust.
· In a oven proof large skillet, heat ½ the butter and place chicken skin side down and brown on all sides.
· Place in oven and bake for 30 mins or until internal temp reaches 165.
· Remove from oven and let rest under a foil tent for 15 mins.
· Serves with favorite sides.
Tip: You can use skinless chicken if you can’t find the ones with skin on.