Updated: Nov 18, 2020
Lord Honey, y'all are gonna lose count of how many of these savory li'l "stuffin' balls" that y'all gobble up. My "Stuffin' Bites" are perfect for your main stuffin' dish, smothered with gravy, or as a tasty appetizer during the holiday season--served with a tangy cranberry dippin' sauce.
Stuffin’ Bites w/Cranberry Dippin sauce
Jason Smith, FNS
1- 5oz Box of stuffing mix
3-cups cornbread, cubed
1-cup Fresh mushrooms, diced
½ White onion, Minced
1- Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
1- tsp Sage
½ - ¾ cup Chicken Broth
1- tsp Black pepper
· Preheat oven to 350°
· In a large bowl place the stuffing mix, corn bread, mushrooms, onion, sage, pepper, cheese and eggs, add the ½ cup chicken broth and mix to combine, let set for 20 min.
· Roll into bite size balls, and place on an greased sheet pan and bake for 12-15 mins.
· Meanwhile make the dipping sauce.
Cranberry Dipping sauce
1- 15oz can of whole cranberry sauce
¼ cup Balsamic vinegar
2- TBSP Chicken Broth
1- tsp onion powder
½- tsp crush red pepper flakes ( optional)
3-TBSP Butter, melted
· Place all in a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
· Place the dipping sauce in a bowl on a large platter and place the stuffing bites around on platter.
Tip: You can even add left over chicken or turkey to the mix.