Updated: Mar 25
Lord Honey, y'all are gonna lose count of how many of these savory little "Stuffin' Balls" that y'all gobble up. Perfect for your main stuffin' dish--try 'em smothered with gravy; or a tasty appetizer during the holiday season--served with a tangy cranberry dippin' sauce.
Stuffin’ Bites w/Cranberry Dippin sauce
Jason Smith, FNS
1- 5oz Box of stuffing mix
3-cups cornbread, cubed
1-cup Fresh mushrooms, diced
½ White onion, Minced
1- Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
1- tsp Sage
½ - ¾ cup Chicken Broth
1- tsp Black pepper
· Preheat oven to 350°
· In a large bowl place the stuffing mix, corn bread, mushrooms, onion, sage, pepper, cheese and eggs, add the ½ cup chicken broth and mix to combine, let set for 20 min.
· Roll into bite size balls, and place on an greased sheet pan and bake for 12-15 mins.
· Meanwhile make the dipping sauce.
Cranberry Dipping sauce
1- 15oz can of whole cranberry sauce
¼ cup Balsamic vinegar
2- TBSP Chicken Broth
1- tsp onion powder
½- tsp crush red pepper flakes ( optional)
3-TBSP Butter, melted
· Place all in a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
· Place the dipping sauce in a bowl on a large platter and place the stuffing bites around on platter.
Tip: You can even add left over chicken or turkey to the mix.