Lord Honey, who don't love a good peach dessert any day of the week. Well, I've got y'all a great year-round peach pastry that y'all can use fresh summer-time peaches or substitute canned peaches in the off-season. Now y'all may be askin' yourselves, "What the heck is a galette?" Well honey, it ain't nothin' but a fancy French word for a rustic lookin' and delicious tastin' fruit pastry.
Summer Peach Galette
Jason Smith, FNS
1-pack puffed pastry, thawed
3--large, fresh peaches peeled and diced or 2-cans diced peaches, drained
1-TBSP corn starch
½-cup light brown sugar
· Preheat oven to 400°, line a baking sheet with parchment or silpat.
· In a mixing bowl, add peaches, corn starch, and sugar and stir gently to combine.
· Lay the thawed pastry flat upon prepared baking sheet.
· Spoon the peach mixture onto the middle of pastry; bring the edges of the pastry in toward the filling, and pinch together every now and then to form a rustic edge.
· Place in oven and bake for 35-40 mins or until filling is bubbly and pastry is golden brown.
· Serve with your favorite ice cream or vanilla whipped cream.
Tip: This can be made with just about any fruit.