Lord Honey, rice puddin' is one of those dishes that can stretch leftovers into another day--and be even better and a whole lot sweeter the second time around. Y'all will know what I'm talkin' about when you taste the lush, creamy decadence of my "Sweet Comfort Rice Puddin"--it'll make your heart fill like it's wrapped in a warm, fuzzy blanket.
Sweet Comfort Rice Puddin’
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
3-cups cooked rice
¼-cup white sugar
½-cup sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2-cups milk
3-TBSP butter, melted
½-raisins ( I prefer golden raisins, but regular ones will work )
3-TBSP light or dark brown sugar
¾-cup pecans, chopped
1-tsp ground cinnamon
· Preheat oven to 350°, butter or spray a medium baking dish.
· Place the rice in bottom of the prepared baking dish and spread evenly (do not pack).
· In a mixing bowl, place the eggs and sugar; stir together; add the condensed milk and stir.
· To the eggs and sugar mixture, add the milk, vanilla, salt and butter and stir until combined, fold in the raisins, pour over the rice and stir gently to combine.
;· In a small bowl place the brown sugar, pecans and spices; stir to mix, sprinkle evenly over top of pudding mixture.
· Place in oven and bake for an hour or until slight jiggle in the middle.
· Serve warm, room temp or cold.
Tip: You can add any dried fruit if you wish, such as cranberries, blueberries, diced apricots, even diced figs.