Sweet Tater & Apple Stuffed Pork
Lord Honey, the great flavors of the fall harvest stuffed into a juicy pork loin and smothered with a creamy sage gravy will make my "Sweet Tater & Apple Stuffed Pork" a new family favorite on your dinner table.
Sweet Tater & Apple Stuffed Pork Loin
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
4-tenderized pork loin chops--not to thick to roll
1-red apple, peeled and cored
1-small sweet potato, peeled
2-tsp rubbed sage
1-tsp onion powder
2-tsp steak seasoning
1-can cream of mushroom
1-tsp rubbed sage
1-tsp black pepper
1/3-cup half & half
· Preheat oven to 350°, spray or butter a 11x7 baking dish.
· Cut the apples into 8 slices, slice the sweet potatoes into steak-fry size sticks, should have about 8.
· In a small bowl, mix the sage, onion powder and steak seasoning together.
· Lay the pork loin out on a plate, place 2 sweet potato sticks and 2 slices of apple in the middle of the pork, sprinkle each with the seasoning mix.
· Roll the pork loin around the sweet potatoes and apples and place seam down in baking dish, top each with a pat of butter and cover, place in oven and bake for 45 mins or until tender.
· Once removed from the oven, take the pork rolls out and set aside.
· In a small sauce pan, place the drippings from the pork loin, the cream of mushroom soup, sage and black pepper and whisk to combine--forming a roux. Add the half & half, whisk bring to a simmer until thickened.
· Place pork rolls on a serving platter and top with gravy.