Sweet Tators for Spring????
Lord Honey, I know yer thinkin' that sweet tators belong on the Fall menu, but let me tell ya, sweet tators belong on every menu. Y'all will agree with me, after trying my
"Spring Roasted Sweet Tators" This recipe can go with a fancy holiday meal, as well as a summer cookout spread. The fresh tastin' dippin' sauce will have ya forgettin' all about that heavy, store-bought dressin'--Yeah, ya know what I'm talkin' about.
Child, these tators will have ya "grinnin' like a possum who just made it to the other side of the road."
Spring Roasted Sweet Tators
Jason Smith, FNS
3-large sweet tators, washed
2-tsp each of onion powder and garlic powder
1-tsp smoked paprika
1-tsp ground black pepper
½-cup real mayo
Juice form half a lemon
2-tsp dried or 1 TBSP fresh dill, minced
Pinch of salt
· Preheat oven to 425, spray a baking sheet.
· Cut sweet tators into steak fry shapes, or wedges and place in a bowl.
· Pour oil over tators and sprinkle the seasonings over, toss to coat.
· Arrange the tators in a single layer on baking sheet.
· Bake until tender about 25-30 mins, turn broiler on high and crisp wedges up this takes about 2 mins per side.
· To make the aioli, place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk.
Tip: You can mix the sweet tators with white tators as well.