Updated: Mar 28, 2019
Lord Honey, no meal should ever be without a tator--or bacon, or cheese for that matter. Don't even think about sitting down to the table without this one.
"Ooey Cheesy Bacon Tators" It's a new take on the old standard scalloped tators--just with a "Country Bling" kick. Granny will smile and slap her gums on this one.
Ooey Cheesy Bacon Tators
Jason Smith, FNS
½-pound thick cut bacon, diced and cooked
6-medium tators, peeled and sliced thin
2-TBSP olive oil
1-TBSP country bling dust
½-cup onion, minced
1-clove garlic, minced
1-TBSP bacon grease
1-tsp smoked paprika
1-tsp dried thyme
1-tsp dried rosemary
Salt & Pepper to taste
½-cup grated parmesan cheese
½-cup half & half
¼-cup heavy whopping cream
2-TBSP sour cream
2-tsp lemon juice
1-cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
· Preheat oven to 350, grease desired baking dish.
· Place the tators, oil and country bling dust in a bowl and toss to coat.
· Put tators in baking dish, cover and bake until tender, tis will take 30-35 mins.
· Meanwhile but the butter, bacon grease, onion and garlic in sauce pan and cook over medium heat until onions are soft.
· Add the spices, cheese, half & half and heavy cream and stir to combine, cook until thick.
· Stir in the sour cream and lemon juice.
· Take tators out of oven, remove the foil and pour sauce over top and sprinkle the bacon and cheese over and return to oven and bake for 15-20 mins.
Tip: make sure to stir the sauce often so it don’t burn.