Spring time in Kentucky is a magical time of the year when people from all over the U.S. and other countries come to see the most excitin' 2 minutes in sports, that's right The Kentucky Derby. We have all kinds of events surrounding the Derby and plan many meal functions. Even if you can't get to Louisville for the Derby in person, we have celebrations in our homes and watch it on TV. I want your Derby Celebration to be unforgettable!!! Try this "BBB Mini Tarts" and your guest will rave for years to come about it. "Have mercy y'all will dance like a horse with new shoes."
BBB Mini Tarts
Jason Smith, FNS
Makes 14 Tarts
2-Sheets premade pie dough, or homemade pie dough
1 1/3-Cup Light Corn Syrup
½-Cup White Sugar
½-Cup Brown Sugar
4-Eggs, lightly beaten
· Preheat oven to 350, spray 14 mini tart pans.
· Cook bacon crispy, lay on a paper towel to drain, crumble up.
· Using a cookie cutter any shape that’s slightly larger than the tart pans, cut out circles or
whatever shape you are using and place in tart pans.
· In a mixing bowl place the sugars, syrup, eggs, bourbon and vanilla, stir to combine.
· Add the butter to syrup mixture and stir in.
· Divide the bacon between the art shells.
· Pour the syrup mix over bacon, dividing between all of the tarts.
· Place the tarts on a baking sheet, cover with foil and bake for 30 mins, remove foil and finish baking, about 10-15 mins, or until crust edges are golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Tip: To get the last 2 dough circle you can roll out the extra dough and keep cutting. Ifin you don’t like bacon you can make this with pecans or just leave it out.