The Star of the Show!!!
Lord Honey, I know a good holiday ham is usually a must at Easter, but I'm askin' ya to give my "Pistachio-Crusted Pork Loin" a try. Make it the star of the show or do a double headliner, and serve both--let your guests indulge in all that is the glory of pork.
It will set your dinner apart from the ordinary, and make the cows and chickens breathe easier for a day.
Pistachio-Crusted Pork Loin
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
3-4 pound pork loin
¼-cup Dijon mustard
2-tsp lemon juice
½-tsp ground rosemary
1-tsp ground black pepper
½-tsp garlic powder
Heavy pinch of salt
1-cup pistachios, crushed fine
· Preheat oven to 400, spray a baking dish.
· Place loin in baking dish and cut slits in top.
· Mix rest of ingredients except the pistachios up and spoon over meat covering it good.
· Sprinkle half the pistachios on top of loin and pat down, cover with foil.
· Place in oven and bake for 1 hour or until internal temp is 165.
· Remove cover and sprinkle rest of nuts over top and return to oven for 15 mins, remove and cover and let set 15 mins before cutting.
Tip: You can also do this with an eye of round beef roast, but cook until internal temp is only 145.