Lord Honey, I ain't ever met a tater or a piece of pork I didn't love. I'm bringin' y'all the best of both worlds with a little smoky flare--just try my "Little Piggy Spuds" and y'all will be goin' to the market to buy some pork & taters.
Little Piggy Spuds
Jason Smith, FNS
2 pounds frozen tater wedges
1 pound sliced bacon
3-TBSP smoked or regular paprika
1-TBSP chili powder
1-tsp garlic powder
1-tsp onion powder
2-tsp ground cumin
1-tsp black pepper
1-cup sour cream
½-cup green onions, minced
1-tsp taco sauce
· Preheat oven to 375°, Line a baking sheet with foil, spray with cooking spray.
· In a small bowl place the spice rub ingredients and stir to combine.
· Place the potato wedges in a large bowl and sprinkle with ½ of the rub; mix and toss lightly to coat.
· Cut bacon in half from end to end, making long strips.
· Use one strip of bacon and wrap each tater wedge, using a spiral fashion.
· Lay in single layer on baking sheet, sprinkle each wedge with more spice mix.
· Place in oven and bake for 20 mins, remove and turn over and bake for another 15 mins, or until bacon is crispy and tater is tender.
· While the wedges are baking mix the sauce.
· Place the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined.
· Put the sauce in a small bowl and place on serving platter.
· Remove the wedges and place on platter around the dippin’ sauce.
Tip: This can be made with sweet tater wedges as well.