Vegan??? Dairy Free???
Updated: Mar 28, 2019
I have vegan and dairy free friends whom always look at me and say " Why can't Country Bling come up with some great recipes for us." Well hound dogs I have done it", and really enjoyed the flavor, texture and process of developing something I had to research about. A vegan life style is more than just not eating meat, eggs or cheese. Its really interesting what I found out. When I first thought about the food types and what I couldn't use I thought "Sweet Baby Jesus" what am I gonna use in place of butter? in place of eggs? in place of dairy? It was all right there in front of my eyes looking back at me. Applesauce and coconut oil is a great replacement for butter and oils. Almond and coconut milk in place of dairy milks. And on and on......So today I give you a cookie that is not only vegan but dairy free as well. Now I know what y'all are thinking well if I ain't vegan or dairy free why would I want to try this? Believe me you want to try it, You will never know its not the fully loaded ones.
" VDF Chocolate Chip Cookies" are the bomb diggaty. Please give it a try, don't turn away, you will be surprised.
VDF Chocolate Chip Cookie
(Vegan & Dairy Free)
Jason Smith, FNS
½-cup Coconut Oil, not melted
1 ¼-cup Vegan Brown Sugar
¼-cup Almond Milk or Coconut Milk
¼-cup Unsweet Applesauce
2 ¼-cup All-Purpose Flour or Whole Wheat Flour
1 ½-tsp Baking Soda
1 ½-cups Vegan or Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
· Preheat oven to 350, line a cookie sheet with silpat or parchment
· In a mixing bowl combine oil, sugar and vanilla mix well.
· Add almond milk and apple sauce, stir to combine.
· Sift the flour, baking soda and salt.
· Add the flour mix to wet mix.
· Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
· Using a 2 TBSP cookie scoop, place dough onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart, place a few chocolate chips on top of each dough ball. ( I usually get 12 per pan)
· Bake for 10 mins, no less and no more.
Tip: When working with vegan recipes, make sure to read the entire recipe first, set out all ingredients, and watch baking and cooking times, this makes a big difference.