Updated: Mar 28, 2019
There comes a time in life that we must watch how much guilty pleasures we partake in. It may be cause we are watching our waist lines, or just eating healthier or cause Doc says we must, But still crave the good treats that we ate at a younger age. Just because its low carb and sugar free don't mean you need to shy away from this recipe, even people that's not watching what they eat will love it. Well Honey this recipe is for you. "Low Carb-Sugar Free Lemon Cheese Cake" is a must for after dinner or just needing to treat your sweet tooth. I can tell ya this cheese cake want last long, Yes its that good. Even the kids will think its the fully loaded version. Don't neglect yourself, have a slice today. "It'll make ya jump like a rabbit on hot pavement."
Low Carb-Sugar Free Lemon Cheese Cake
Jason Smith, FNS
½-cup Almonds, sliced
3-TBSP Sugar Substitute ( I use Splenda or Truvia)
2-TBSP Butter, Melted
Pinch of Salt
Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients:
3-8oz Pkg Cream Cheese, room temp
¼-cup Sour Cream
1 ½-cups Sugar Substitute (see above)
3-Lemons, medium size, 2 of them zested and juice form all 3
Pinch of Salt
· Preheat oven to 350, spray an 8inch spring form pan.
· Place the nuts in a food processor and pulse till fine.
· Add the rest of the crust ingredients to nuts and pulse till comes together.
· Press into the spring form pan and bake for 6 mins.
· Remove and let cool.
· In a mixing bowl place the cream cheese and sour cream, whip till fluffy.
· Add the eggs one at a time and whip for 1 min between each addition of egg.
· Add salt, lemon zest and juice and sugar sub, and whip for 2-3 mins on high.
· Place a large piece of foil on counter and set spring pan in middle bring all the sides up around pan, Place in a deep baking dish.
· Pour filling over crust, and smooth out.
· Pour hot water in bottom of deep dish around the outside of foil. ( you are making a water bath)
· Bake for 1 hour.
· Remove and let cool at room temp.
· Place in refrigerator to cool overnight.
· Run a knife around edge, and unlock band on pan, slide onto serving platter.
Tips: Always make sure to bake cheese cakes in a water bath as it makes it moist. This can also be made into any flavor you wish, just change the lemon juice and zest to what flavor you want.
Serving suggestions: Whipped Cream, Berry Compote, Fresh Strawberries.