What Do Ya Get When You Cross a Corn Meal Waffle With Pimento Cheese??????
Updated: Mar 28, 2019
Answer------ You get a "Grilled Pimento Cheese Corn Waffle Sandwich"
Say What !!!! Oh yes children. There has never been such a eye rolling, moaning, groaning sandwich. Its enough to make ya want to eat then 3 times a day. A couple of my all time favs to eat pimento cheese and corn bread, and now they live together in this buttery, cheesy, crunchy, tangy and lip smakin treat with a different take on some classics.
Grilled Pimento Cheese Corn Waffles Sandwich
Jason Smith, FNS
Ingredients for Pimento Cheese:
4-cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
1-cup Colby Jack, Shredded
4-ounce Cream Cheese, room temp
¼- cup Mayo
6 ounces Pimento’s , diced
½-tsp Onion Powder
½-tsp Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper to Taste
· In a medium mixing bowl place cheeses, mayo, and cream cheese mix to combine.
· Add onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper mix in.
· Stir in the pimento’s
· Place in air tight container and set aside, while making waffle batter.
Ingredients for Waffles:
1-cup Self Rising Corn meal (White or Yellow)
1/3- cup Milk
2/3- cup Water or Chicken Broth
2-TBSP Butter, Melted
· Heat waffle iron up while mixing batter.
· In a small mixing bowl place all except the butter and whisk together.
· Add the butter and stir in.
· Spray waffle iron and place 2-3 TBSP batter in each well.
· Cook until very golden brown, repeat till all batter is gone.
Direction for Grilling Sandwich:
· You will need a mixture of 2-TBSP Butter Melted and 1/4 – cup Mayo mixed together.
· Brush one side of the cooked waffles and set aside.
· Heat skillet over medium heat.
· Place butter mayo side of waffle down in skillet, top with 3-4 TBSP of Pimento Cheese mix, Top with another waffle.
· Grill on both sides till medium brown and cheese is melted.
· Do this till all of waffles are gone.