What's This Tator ???
Updated: Mar 28, 2019
Well sweet tator gravy!!! Y'all know us southerners loves us some sweet tators in any way we can get them. From baked, candies and even in cakes. But one of my fav ways is pie, that's right a good ole sweet tator pie, but now this one I bring you today is not your average southern sweet tator pie that we all know and love. "Easiest Sweet Tator Pie" is a unique old recipe brought to new life and changed just a bit. Oh and did I mention that is so easy you want have a lot of dishes to clean when ya get done making this one. It's an all in one recipe, mix all the ingredients and pour and bake, this recipe makes it's own crust, yes makes its own crust. Shut you mouth, Roosters crowning cause he's even excited.
Easiest Sweet Tator Pie
Jason Smith, FNS
4-cups raw sweet tators, peeled and grated
¾-cup butter, melted
1 ½-cup white sugar
½-cup light brown sugar
1-cup self-rising flour
½-tsp ground ginger
¼-tsp ground cloves
2-TBSP bourbon (optional)
2-cups whipped heavy cream for garnish
· Preheat oven to 350, spray a 9x13 cake pan.
· Mix flour, sugars and spices together.
· Add the milk, butter, bourbon, eggs and vanilla stir to combine.
· Stir in the grated sweet tators.
· Pour into prepared pan, bake for 40-45 mins.
· The sweet tators will come to the top and be slightly crisp.
· Garnish with whipped heavy cream
Tip: You can also add 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts to the batter.