Who's Nuts for Chocolate????
What a way to start the New Year, with a quick, easy recipe that will be your new go-to throughout the year. When you make my "Chocolate-Nutty Puffs" you "will run around like a hen in the feed shed."
Lord Honey!!!! This recipe came to me one night when I had to come up with a quick dessert and all I had in the fridge was one sheet of puff pastry and some chocolate bars and pecans in the pantry. But honey, what a great combo it ended up makin', let's just say it's now one of my favorites when I need something quick.
Jason Smith, FNS
1-sheet puff pastry, thawed
4-chocolate caramel candy bars
½-cup pecan pieces
2-TBSP powder sugar, garnish
1-TBSP cocoa powder, garnish
· Preheat oven to 400.
· Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
· Lay the puff pastry flat.
· In the center of dough place the candy bars side by side.
· Top with the nuts.
· Fold over one side of the dough and then fold over the other side of dough, press slightly together.
· Place seam side down on baking sheet and tuck the ends of dough under.
· Bake for 20-25 mins or until medium brown.
· Remove and let cool for 10 mins.
· Sprinkle with powder sugar and cocoa powder.
Tip: Any candy bar will work, so be creative and use what you like.