Updated: Mar 25
Lord Honey, spend some time in the kitchen with the kiddos and have 'em help y'all make these yummy "Kid-Approved Cookies" This is a great way to get the kids into bakin', learn a little math--and eat up the final project.
Kid Approved Cookies
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
Makes 2 dozen
1-box any flavor cake mix
1/3-cup chocolate chips or your favorite flavor chips
½-cup any type of left over or extra candy, don’t use hard candy or gum
¼-cup white sugar or powder sugar ( optional )
· Preheat oven to 350°, place a silpat or parchment paper on a baking sheet.
· Cut the candy into small cubes, and set aside.
· In a mixing bowl place the cake mix, eggs, oil and vanilla, stir to combine.
· Add in the chips, and candy pieces, fold in.
· Using a cookie scoop drop dough balls into sugar or powder sugar and coat, place on baking sheet, you should get 12 on a tray, makin sure they are about 2 inches apart.
· Bake for 8-10 mins, NO LONGER or they will be hard.
· Repeat until all dough is gone.
TIP: If you don’t have left over candy, you can combine your favorite cookie chips.