Winner, Winner BBQ Chicken Dinner
Lord Honey, y'all will definitely be winners when you fix my "KY Blue Ribbon BBQ Chicken" for your next get together. Honey, my "KY Blue Ribbon BBQ Sauce" is sweet, tangy and has the perfect amount of heat. Trust me, any chicken will be proud to wear it to dinner.
KY Blue Ribbon BBQ Chicken
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
2 LB chicken breast, cooked and shredded
¼-cup bacon grease or canola oil
1-medium onion, grated
½-cup butter, room temp
½-cup apple juice
2-TBSP apple cider vinegar
2-TBSP bourbon (optional)
1-TBSP yellow prepared or djion mustard
1-TBSP Worcestershire sauce
2-tsp onion powder
1-tsp garlic powder
2-tsp black pepper
1-TBSP chili powder
· Cook chicken: roast in oven, cook in crockpot or fix on the smoker; when pull-apart tender, shred chicken
· In a medium sauce pot over medium heat, place the grease or oil.
· Add the onion and cook until tender.
· Add the remaining ingredients; stir to combine and cook on low for 10-12 mins, or until sauce starts to thicken.
· Combine the chicken and sauce together, keep on stovetop on low heat for an hour or in a crock pot on low for 2 hours.
· Serve in your favorite way--ex. sandwiches, over baked potatoes, as a main, etc.
Tip: Try my "KY Blue Ribbon BBQ Sauce" on any of your favorite grilled meats.