Y'all are gonna go Coco-NUTS!!
Lord Honey, if y'all like coconut--you're gonna love my "Jeweled-Coconut Macaroons" They are the perfect combination of chewy, crunchy coconut goodness and jeweled fruity sweetness. Make plenty--cause y'all won't be able to stop after just one or two--or three--or four---Well y'all get the idea.
Jeweled Coconut Macaroons
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
Makes 20 cookies
½-cup sweetened condensed milk
3-TBSP corn starch or flour
Pinch of salt
3-cups shredded sweetened coconut
¼-marachino cherries, patted dry and chopped
· Preheat oven to 325°, line a baking sheet with parchment or silpat.
· In a mixing bowl whisk together the egg white and milk.
· Add the corn starch, vanilla and salt whisk.
· Stir in the coconut until combined and fold in the cherries.
· Using a 1 ounce cookie scoop place dough onto baking sheet.
· Bake for 15-18 mins. Or until light brown around edges.
Tip: Do not over bake these or they will be hard.